Here follows some basic best practices that are your best mechanism to prevent fraud.
• Create a unique and strong password for your account.
• Do not share your password with anyone.
• Avoid providing sensitive personal information during the initial application process.
• When applying for jobs online, be cautious of recruiters who ask you to send information to an email address that it doesn't match the company's official domain. Email domain should contain actual company name, like @karieragroup.com
• Exercise extreme care when sharing information such as your Security number, Driver’s License number, Date of Birth, or other sensitive information that might make it easy for a malicious actor to use that information to steal your identity. We recommend that you never place this type of information on your resume.
• If you are asked to fill out an application online, ensure that the page is secure (the address bar should read "https:")